Saturday, June 6, 2009

Life with a Puggle Cont'd

Jett, our 8week old puggle has been with us now for 2 weeks. Still working on the potty training. I have her on a very set schedule and take her out every 45 min to 1 hour. I've gotten conflicking info on the potty pads. I did buy them and put it in front of the door that we take her out, she was not the least bit interested in it. Some people feel it teaches the dog it's ok to do her business inside so you shouldn't use them. My thoughts are, hey, she's already doing her business inside anyway!! But, I took it up and decided not to use it, for now anyway.

I don't allow her to go in her favorite room, and by that I mean my living room that she is so found of peeing in. She has now learned that she can't go in there. I accomplished this by having her on a leash all the time at my side. This is a bit cumbersom to say the least, but it works, no accidents happen because she knows I 'm right there and I take her outside all the time. However, I'm curious when I do let her venture off by herself, if she will immediately potty somewhere? I can't get myself to let that happen and find out.

So the question is this, when do I know if she is potty trained if I never let her out of my site and have her with me and take her out rather than her letting me know when she wants to go?

When I figue out the answer I will let you know.

1 comment:

  1. puggles are naughty. ;) stay close and train her now cuz, if not, she will turn out like mr. puggle. mr. puggle is a naughty dog.

    they are big pullers on leash so that is great you are getting jett used to being the follower.

    i miss that puppy phase. puggles are the best lovable doggies!

    ReplyDelete