Monday, June 1, 2009

Life with a Puggle

We've had our Puggle for 1 week now and she is the cutest puppy I've ever seen. I fell in love with her big sad eyes from the first picture I saw of her. Her name is Jett, given by my 5yr old. Who is the real reason I wanted a puppy in the first place.

Jett is carmelly brown with touches of white here and there, big brown eyes and a short tail that curls up onto her back like a little piglet!

We started the potty training right from the beginning, showing her where to go outside and taking her out every hour on the hour. This is still a work in progress, she hasn't quite got the idea but it will come, (I hope!).

She has so much energy, we have to play with her lots and have been taking her in the car as much as possible. She enjoys riding on my daughters lap. We go to the bank and see my oldest daughter who works there and we go to Petco a lot! She was a huge hit at the park, so many kids came over to meet and hold her is was great. She was so gentle and let everyone handle her without so much as a peep! She is great with kids and the adults loved her too!

Petco has actually been a wonderful resource for us. We have never had a puppy or dog before so we had to research and ask a lot of questions. I have called and went to Petco numerous times and been able to have personal assistance from their trainers and staff, and also took Jett and my daughter to one of their free dog training seminars. It has been great! Thank you Petco!

Jett has taken up biting lately and by biting I mean shoes, chairs, rugs, tables, toes, fingers, legs and her own tail! You name it she will bite it. At first it was kinda cute, you know everything with puppies is cute until they draw blood! Anyway, we had to do a little tough love, time outs in the kennel and holding her snout closed to establish dominance, that is also what the mother dogs to to settle pups down. It has started to work a little but hey, she's still a baby. There is also this great product that the trainer at Petco told me about called Bitter Break that helps with this problem. I'll let you know how it works!

That's all for now I guess, talk to you soon.
Annette
FREE Shipping on $60 at PETCO.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment